The historian collects, assembles, and preserves troop photographs, news stories, trophies, flags, scrapbooks, awards, and other memorabilia, and makes materials available for Scouting activities, courts of honor, the media, and troop history projects.
- gathers photos and facts about troop activities and keeps them in a historical file or scrapbook
- takes care of troop trophies, ribbons, and souvenirs of troop activities
- keeps information about former members of the troop
- sets a good example
- wears the Scout uniform correctly
- lives by the Scout Oath and Law
- shows Scout spirit